Tuesday, August 27, 2013

tub scrub

Since I've been nesting as a new housewife, I've been in a cleaning/organizing frenzy (trying to fit two people in a place where one has been living for years is interesting). I've also been on the hunt for great cleaning tips. Well, it's no surprise that one of the best ones I've found (thanks, Pinterest!) is from the great Martha Stewart people

You know how tubs have that little grippy texture stuff on the bottom of the tub so you don't slip and die (and sue the tub company)? And all that nasty dirty soap that takes up residence and you can never get it to move on out of said grippy stuff? This ridiculously simple recipe destroys it! You don't even have to let it soak. What's great, is that it's completely non-toxic too. 


1 t liquid soap

1 C baking soda

Several drops of an antibacterial essential oil (such as tea tree, eucalyptus, rosemary, or peppermint) 

Just enough water to form a paste

Use sponge or brush to get that grit up!
(I used a rough sponge)


How I wish I had taken before and after pics, because it was night and day. Thanks, Martha!






1 comment:

  1. I was really hoping you would come over and PROVE it works..... Anytime now.... Still waiting. Ok, maybe we'll try it on our own.
    Thanks for the tip.
    -Devin

    ReplyDelete