- headshots which cost hundreds out here
- sheet music
- printing headshots, resumes, and sheet music
- audition clothes
- voice lessons
- coaching sessions for your big auditions
- rehearsal pianists
- acting classes
- workshops with casting directors which are the best way to get in front of them
- broadway shows to stay in the loop
The list goes on, my friends. The list goes on. Now add cost of living.
On my limited budget, it's annoying/frustrating. Some days I wish I had a sponsor to help a lady out, but it's nice to know I'm making it work on my own like a big girl. You know, satisfaction.
If I'm ever need some inspiration I turn to this video to keep me going.
Bernadette kills it. She had the flu, you guys. Sometimes her voice is a little grating on my eardrums, but not this time. She makes me bawl.She even does her classic Bernadette shimmy! If I can someday inspire someone like this does me, I will continue to shell out the few dollars I have to make it happen.
To those of you who are thinking about moving out here, start saving now.
The church of theater is true. Amen.