Monday, February 4, 2013

Chorus girl

After a dance call back today, I realized a chorus girl, I am not. 

I'm not saying I'm "too good" for the ensemble. In fact, I think that is a cushy job. No presh. What I mean is, I'm not a good enough dancer to be a chorus girl a la 42nd Street. 

Yes, I can move and have some control/coordination over my limbs, but I'm just not the girl that can kick her face in three inch heels and do fifty spins without getting dizzy and losing her lunch. Not happening. I'm all about faking it in the face with some charm and personality, but I'm pretty sure I'm not fooling too many behind the table....

Singing chorus girl? Sign me up! I will hit those high Cs at the end of big production numbers no prob.

Just don't ask me to do it while kicking my face.  
(I will give some fierce hairography a la Beyonce)

No comments:

Post a Comment