Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Confessional: Fears

Since this year I'm trying to get over my fears, I thought I'd share some of the irrational ones. Here we go:


  • My teeth falling out/breaking off/pushed out etc. I don't know where this stems from. Maybe from the fact that I don't have dental insurance right now (starving actor), but I have dreams about all of the above all the time! Also, it could be because I was present at the time my dear Syd lost her front tooth. I was the only witness and it was hysterical and traumatizing all at the same time. She placed her newly freed tooth in her palm and showed it to me. Nightmares ever since. 
  • Adventure sports. Mostly because of the paragraph above. I'm not too afraid of falling (off of a cliff, yes), but I'm afraid for my teeth. Hence being a wuss about wake boarding, TUBING (most certain to knock out my teeth), mountain biking...you get the picture. I'm down to try these things, but I just might be a little scaredie. And require a mouth guard. 
  • Sauces. Especially ones that have been out for a little while and have mayo in them. Don't ask me to explain this one. There is no logic involved. They just weird me out. 
  • Child birth. Pretty sure this is legit. I definitely want kids, but the thought of physically getting them here, TERRIFYING! Bring on pregnancy, great. Just keep the baby in there or find me a way to teleport it out. I don't want it to come out the way it's been done for centuries. Bodies are gross!

Now that I want to suck my thumb in the fetal position thinking about all of these horrible things, I need to make some cookies for a Super Bowl party. Which in all actuality is gonna be some of this:



While we wait for the Beyonce concert. 


Go '49ers!


PS. I'm on this if you care



1 comment:

  1. I have tooth dreams ALL the time. I'm usually eating and crunch down on a mouthful of teeth! My own teeth!! I also literally started crying when I realized I really was in labor with Lindsey. Paul and I still laugh about it! I lived to tell the tale....and had more. Thank goodness for modern pain medicine! :)

    ReplyDelete