Wednesday, July 24, 2013

a few of my fave things

I never really notice raindrop on roses, and I hate stupid little kittens (not really, but really). So, you won't find those among my favorite things. This is a list of superficial beauty products that make me feel better about myself. 


1. Benefit: They're Real 

Ladies, run and get this mascara. It is more expensive than your CoverGirl, but it's well worth it. I get mine at Sephora for $23. Miss Natalie Hill recommend it to me and I don't know why it took me so long to trust her opinion. Trust!
2. bareMinerals: well rested concealer 

This has been such a find! I suffer from genetic dark circles and they are even worse during allergy season (allergy shiners). It is the best! Definitely helps brighten under my eyes and works really well as regular concealer too (takes the red out). It's basically the only thing I use. It runs around $18 and can be found at a bareMinerals store or Sephora and probably anywhere online.
3. L'OREAL: Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

 I discovered this when it came in the Target Beauty Box I ordered. Lucky me! I had tried other lesser BB creams, but this is just what it says it is. Magic. It's silky smooth, matches perfectly to your skin color, and evens out your skin tone. The color that came in the box was "light" and worked well for me. Target sells it for $7.99. 
4. Almay: Eye Makeup Remover Pads

This has been a staple for me. They work quickly (even on long lasting mascara like they're Real) and, being a performer, they help get every last bit of pesky eyelash glue. I get it at my favorite place, Target, for around $5. 
5. Neutrogena Naturals: Fresh Cleaning and Makeup Remover 

I love how clean my face feels after using this product and it doesn't have any harsh chemicals or perfumes. Bonus! It's about $7.
6. Aveeno: Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

I've gone through many a moisturizer in my day and this one is the latest. I always look for one that has SPF and doesn't leave my face feeling greasy. It generally runs about $15. 

There you have it. A few things that make me feel better about showing my face in public. Any recommendations? 

No comments:

Post a Comment