Monday, July 29, 2013

chocolate peanut butter munchies

(old pic and I had old nail polish...)
I'm working on my wedding/reception posts, but they are taking some time. Mostly, I'm too lazy to really get to work on them. I'm not too lazy to bake some cookies to send with the YW to camp since I can't go (I'm depressed). In lieu of my enthusiastic presence, the girls get two of my favorite cookies. They are too good not to share (and if you follow me on Instagram, I probably share pictures of them too much). 

The first cookie is the best cookie to come out of my BYU cooking class. 

Chocolate Peanut Butter Munchies (makes about 32).


Ingredients: 

1 1/2 C. flour 1/4 C. peanut butter

1/2 C. cocoa powder 1 egg

1/2 tsp. baking soda 1 Tbsp milk

1/2 C. sugar 1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 C. packed brown sugar 3/4 C. powdered sugar

1/2 C. butter, softened 1/2 C. peanut butter

2 Tbsp. sugar



1. Preheat oven to 350°. 



Chocolate dough:

2. Stir together flour, cocoa, and baking soda.

3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together 1/2 C. sugar, brown sugar, butter, and

1/4 C. peanut butter. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla.

4. Beat in as much flour as you can with an electric mixer. Stir in remaining

flour mixture.

5. Shape dough into thirty-two 1 ¼” balls. Set aside.



Peanut butter dough for middles:

6. Combine powdered sugar and 1/2 C. peanut butter. Beat until smooth. (If necessary, knead with your hands.) Shape into 32 balls.

7. To form the cookies, flatten one chocolate ball. Place a peanut butter ball on top.

Shape the chocolate dough around the peanut butter center, completely covering the filling. Re-shape into a ball. Repeat with the remaining dough.

8. Place 2 inches apart on an un-greased, parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Place 2 Tbsp. Sugar in bowl. Dip bottom of drinking glass in sugar and lightly flatten each cookie, re-dipping in sugar between cookies. Bake 8 minutes, or until cookies are set, and slight cracks form on top. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute.

9. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on rack



They take a little extra effort due to the multiple ball rolling (can I say that?), but the payoff is MAJOR! They are my favorite right outta the oven with a glass of milk.

I hope you love these as much as I do. I also hope you don't eat 10 right outta the oven like I do....

No comments:

Post a Comment