Monday, March 17, 2014

catch ya later, 20s!


It happened. I turned 30 today. And you know, what? I feel great about it! Truly. Maybe it's because when I turned 20, I was in rehearsals for the Diary of Anne Frank and I was playing Anne who is 13-15 in the play. Now, I'm performing in Les Mis as Cosette who is 16ish. So, in show years, I've really only aged a year or so this past decade. I'll take it!

Yesterday, my cast was unbelievably kind to me. The ladies in the cast decided they were gonna find ways to tell me, "Happy birthday!" on stage without it being noticeable. As Valjean and Cosi went around giving money to the poor, each lady accepted their coin with, "Happy birthday!!". I loved it. I don't know why, but it made me feel special. Others in the cast wished me well and gave me little gifts.

As I was driving home, I was overcome with gratitude for the kind souls in this show, cast and crew alike. Not only for being nice to me because of my birthday, but because they are always awesome. Then it snowballed into thinking about all the wonderful people I've met throughout my life. That led to me ugly crying all the way home. Seriously. I have swollen little eyes because of it today. If you are reading this, you are most likely one of the people I've met over the years who have impacted my life for the better and that I cried about (feeeeelings). I sincerely thank you all for the love, listening, laughs and friendships you've given me. Even if we only crossed paths for a short time. It has stayed with me probably more than you/I realize. 

Anyway, here I am, 30. So glad to be older and wiser. My 20s, especially the early years, were a time that I'm THRILLED I don't have to be stuck in. I wouldn't trade them in for anything (that whole "trials make you who you are thing"), I'm just happy I don't have to stay in that time/place and be an insecure twenty-something trying to figure out who I am. It's exciting to be in a new decade to have new experiences in, confidently. Perhaps the confidence comes from the teenage boys that yelled, "You're HOT!", to me as I was driving home from church today. Should I tell them that A.) I'm taken and B.) I could feasibly be their mother? Nah....
I felt like a grandma today, because I did my very first kettle bell workout yesterday and my legs don't wanna work. I've been shuffling around all day. Going down stairs is especially entertaining. Grandma.
Mr. G threw me a chill gathering that I could be in my sweats for. Exactly what I wanted. Now, if only he had followed me around tickling my back all day....then it would have been perfection. (wink) He did, however, put this giant picture of me on our door that was used in The Secret Garden almost 2 years ago. EMBARRASSING!!!




Me. Selfie. Age 30. With sleepy cry eyes.

THANK YOU for all the birthday wishes today. You added to the cry eyes above. I'm getting all choked up again....goodnight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment