Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Handprint on my heart


WARNING: SAPPY ALERT!

I've been known to cry a time or two.....ok, at everything and anything. Tonight I cried because I was deeply grateful for my friends. Specifically today, my NYC friends. 

(Here come the waterworks again....)

As I was on the long A (double meaning) train ride home from work, I had my earbuds in--like you do to block out the crazies that are on said train with  you--listening to some tunage. My tunes are always on shuffle (unless I need a Beyonce fix and who doesn't) and "For Good" from Wicked shuffled into my ears. With nothing to do, I actually paid attention to the lyrics. Bad idea. 





Guys, the tears poured outta me like the monsoon we had today poured outta the clouds. Adding another embarrassing subway experience to my list. 

Starting from day one in the city, my friends have been my saving grace. From calling me up to give me a job (thanks, Cy) to organizing a game night in my honor (thanks, Preston), I knew that first day, that I was going to be taken care of. It was such a relief to know that the friends I thought I had, were indeed my pals. 

During my journey, I've been able to reconnect with longtime friends, grow closer, and make new buddies (not to be confused with Buddy aka. Chancho). 

So, I guess this post is a great big THANK YOU to all the wonderful, beautiful and genuine people I love in this great big city. Thank you for taking me under your wings and being a support system in place where one can feel lost. Words will never be enough to describe the impact you've have had on my life. Yes, for good (cheesy, I know). 

Is my mascara running?!?!

My boys



No comments:

Post a Comment